The Demo page contains a listing of all layers known to GeoWebCache, as well as the valid services associated with them. This information is set in the file geowebcache.xml. To edit layer settings, please see the section on Configuring Layers.
Depending on settings, for each layer there will be a link to built-in OpenLayers demos for every projection and image format supported. If EPSG:4326 (lat/lon) is supported for a particular layer, there will also be links to KML output, for display in Google Earth.
The URL format of the demos are as follows:
- <GEOWEBCACHE_URL> - URL to the GeoWebCache instance
- <LAYER_NAME> - Name of the layer as known to GeoWebCache (<wmsLayer>).
- <GRID_SET> - Name of the grid set as known in GeoWebCache (<gridSet). Does not need to be in the form “EPSG:####”.
- <IMAGE_MIMEFORMAT> - MIME type of image format (image/png)
- <IMAGE_FORMAT> = Typical extension for image format (png)
For each layer listed, there is a link to Seed this layer. Clicking one of these links will bring up Seed Pages where seed tasks can be started or managed.